Home | Wine Regions | AVA GIS | Data Descriptions | Help | About | Contact

Fredericksburg in the Texas Hill Country

General Description

This viticultural area is entirely located in Gillespie County, covering over approximately 70,400 acres and is part of the Hill Country AVA. This region is dominated by peaks and valleys with the elevation of the Fredericksburg AVA ranging from approximately 447m to 578m. The texture is approximately 90% clay loam with the other 10% consisting mostly of loam, silty clay and clay. The climate of this AVA is really identical to the Hill Country AVA as it is part of and within the Texas Hill Country. The annual temperature within the boundaries of Fredericksburg ranged from 78-89cm.

Technical Summary
GIS Data

Select a region for description

Bell Mountain
Escondido Valley
Fredericksburg (THC)
Mesilla Valley
Texas Davis Mountains
Texas Hill Country
Texas High Plains

Select a region to enter GIS

Texas High Plains Texas Hill Country Texoma Mesilla Valley Escondido Valley Fredericksburg (THC) Bell Mountain Texas Davis Mountains

The Winegrowing Regions of Texas was created and is maintained by the Knowledge Engineering Laboratory as a component of the Texas Winegrape Network.
Website design by Subodh Prabhu, Elvis Takow, and Ed Hellman
© Copyright 2008 Knowledge Engineering Laboratory